Sunday 10 June 2012

HairHouse WareHouse - An Unkind Review



Ok, so as a friend kindly pointed out to me, I should not have had my hair done somewhere that uses the word 'ware house'! However, was hoping to get my blonde redone on a budget, as most blondes know, it can be quite expensive to upkeep.
This is quite possibly the worst experience I have had with hairdressers, and I have a had quite a few bad experiences in my time, including a Carol Brady hair cut at age 15, but that is another story, and one I wish to forget.
This particular franchise that I am talking about can be found in the country town of Gympie, in Queensland, Australia.
I have blonde for quite sometime now, and enjoy going blonde for the Summer and darker for the Winter, a routine I have developed over the last few years. This year I have stayed blonde longer than usual, and have been trying to create my 'perfect' blonde shade, that I haven't achieved yet.
There was a young girl (20 years old, and liked to talk about her footballer boyfriend, and told stories that involved her wanting to yell at people) that attended to my hair, after she was finished and blowdrying it, I had to point out to her, that I had an orange band near the top of my hair, about 5cm wide, which she was going to let me walk out with if I hadn't mentioned it to her.
The end result - over toned very, very blonde hair. Of which i didn't make much of a fuss about, thinking after a few washes, the colour will warm up and that will be fine.
She hadn't shown me the back of my hair, so I hadn't noticed until I got home the ends of my hair were orange as well. I was mad!
Went back and made a complaint to the owner, who tried to justify why it was my hairs fault the colour had turned out the way it did, of which I kindly pointed out that it was disgusting that he would think it was satisfactory to let someone walk of the salon with horrible looking hair. I agreed to go back and have them attempt to tone it again.
The 'store manager', a young girl barely just finished her apprenticeship, attempted to give me a lecture about what we had talked about, I soon put this twit in her place, saying there is NO excuse for a salon to allow someone to walk out with their hair looking worse than what it had done when they walked in.
I believe I have reasonable expectations when things don't work out, but I strongly believe that this brand is made up of inexperienced staff who lack any skill and who certainly do not cope when someone has a complaint.
I would warn anyone thinking about going into any HairHouse WareHouse, to do so with low expectations and with extreme caution.
Definitely do not go there for eyebrow waxing - but that is another friends story.
Enter at your own risk!

No comments:

Post a Comment