Monday 9 January 2012

Search for a moisturiser in a very cold climate!


I’m so sorry for neglecting this blog and not posting for a few months! But so much has happened, life has been a bit crazy. For starters, I packed my bags and moved from the glorious sunburnt country to Vancouver (enjoying my first visit to Europe beforehand) on a working/holiday visa; found a job and a house to live in; and have just been getting life started in general. This change has sent my skin a little haywire…believe me, it is cold over here! Weather I am just not used to and neither is my skin! So I have been on the search for the ultimate facial moisturising cream as my skin dries out so quickly due to the cold, wet, windy weather.

I was previously using Estee Lauder, however going through duty free on my way from Europe to Canada, I made the most of the opportunity of goods at a cheaper price and picked up perfume, makeup and Dior moisturising cream (gotta love duty free!).

This time around, I purchased the Dior Hydra Life Sorbet and I’m still not one hundred percent sure what I think of this product. At night time, I feel as though I could continue applying layers of this to my face (which means I have used a lot of product in not a very long time!). On the plus side though, it definitely doesn’t leave my face feeling oily and the product really sinks into the skin rather than just sitting on the surface like some other brands I have tried (I’m talking to you L’oreal!). I wanted to compare the Sorbet to the Cream to see the difference, so also picked up the Dior Hydra Life Creme. I definitely need less of this product on my face as it gives a true moisturising affect.

Will I buy this product again? Yes, for sure.

Next question of course is will I buy the cream or the sorbet? I think I will buy the cream for evening and the sorbet for day. The sorbet feels lighter on the skin so perfect for daytime, whereas the cream is ultra moisturising which is what I need for the evening, to help repair the dryness of my skin while I sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment